Renoclear is a bleaching agent for brightening and restoring an even appearance to wood surfaces that have discolouration or dark patches.
Renoclear is perfect for use on things such as natural ageing of the wood, surrounding pollution from things such as sap staining, as well as lightening the staining due to Blue Stain Fungi.
Ideal uses for Renoclear
- Lightens discolouration and/or darkening of the wood due to natural staining and ageing
- Lightens discolouration and/or darkening due to Blue Stain Fungi
- Eliminates marks due to tannin streaks
- Effective on all types of modified wood
Do not apply by garden sprayer in windy conditions. Avoid contact with all metal. Not suitable for decorative stone and materials containing iron oxides
All previous coatings must be completely and thoroughly removed.
- Oils and sealers: Strip with Aquanett or Prepdeck then neutralise with Net-Trol
- Solvent (oil or alkyd based finishes): Strip with Dilunett then neutralise with Net-Trol
- Acrylic finishes (Water-based): Strip with Prepdeck then neutralise with Net-Trol
- Other finishes i.e. 2 pack epoxies, urethanes etc: Strip with DSP 800 then clean the surface to remove residual paraffin
Note: Hardwoods and woods rich in tannins e.g. Oak, Chestnut, Douglas Fir, Cedar, etc. may darken with Aquanett, Prepdeck and Dilunett, neutralising with Net-Trol immediately after rinsing will lighten and restore the woods colour.
After completing the initial preparation process allow wood to fully dry (Min 24 hours).
Inspect the dried wood. If the dry wood shows discolouration, dark patches or signs of Blue Stain Fungi staining proceed as directed
in “Application” below.
Application of Renoclear
- Use as is. Do not dilute
- Ensure surface is fully dry.
- Apply an even application of Renoclear. If applying by garden sprayer use a plastic spray nozzle and brush or roll over after application to aid penetration.
- Allow Renoclear to work 6 to 24 hours depending on the severity of the staining.
- Do not rinse or wet the surface prior to the next step.
- Apply Sopclean diluted 1:4.
- Scrub surface with a deck brush and leave to work 5 minutes.
- Rinse with plenty of fresh, clean water.
- Allow the wood to dry, 2 to 3 good drying days or until it has reached a moisture content of 18% or less before applying the finish.
Note: For difficult stains it may be necessary to repeat the procedure. The final result of Renoclear will not be seen until the surface is fully dry.
Clean all tools used with soap and water.
Things to Remember
- Cover and protect everything you do not wish to treat, paying particular attention to any metalwork (coated or un-coated), aluminium, painted surfaces, plants, shrubs, lawns etc
- Do not mix Renoclear with any other product
- Apply between 10°C (50°F) and 30°C (86°F). RH <70%
- Do not apply in direct sunlight or to hot surfaces
- Do not apply if cold and/or wet weather is expected within 24 hours
- Do not apply by garden sprayer in windy conditions.
- Avoid contact with all metal.
- Not suitable for decorative stone and materials containing iron oxides
There are no reviews yet.