ESP Easy Surface Prep is a wipe on/wipe off product which primes and prepares any shiny surface for painting. It completely eliminates the need for difficult and time-consuming sanding and leaves the surface ready for paint or varnish to bond to. It’s a safe and effective way to prepare any non-porous surface for painting and is ideal for use on ceramic tiles and melamine units.
It is easy on the hands, colourless, virtually odourless and can be wiped on and off with a lint-free cloth making it incredibly easy to use! Therefore, it is suitable for indoor and external use. ESP may be painted over anytime after 2 hours and up to 7 days later.
Why should I use Easy Surface Prep?
The benefits of ESP are self-evident:
- Easy to apply
- Eliminates the need for sanding
- Does not remove or dull the old finish.
- Paint over with any oil-based or water-based paint or varnish
- Paint over anytime after 2 hours or up to 7 days later – so there’s no high-stress time frame!
- It prepares all smooth or slick surfaces for painting or varnishing. Without a surface preparation such as ESP, the paint would quickly flake and peel.
Easy Surface Prep is suitable for interior and exterior uses including melamine, ceramics, lacquers, baked enamels, varnishes, paint, walls, furniture, radiators, the list goes on. This makes it excellent for painting tired or outdated kitchen cabinets, old bathroom suites, and worn out furniture! The simple fact that it eliminates the need for sanding should be reason enough to consider it – what a time-saver.
Ideal Uses for Easy Surface Prep (ESP)
- Updating melamine kitchen furniture, great for revamping kitchen cupboards
- Re-painting a bathroom without having to re-tile!
- A great way to spruce up tired or outdated furniture without sanding
- Upgrading cheap furniture, time to add some colour to those flat packs!
- Suitable for use on baked lacquers and enamels, like lamps and ornaments
- Even good for use on glass, it dries totally clear
this product does exactly what it says on the tin..(or , in this case, container!)
i’d used a similar product in the past but was unable to source it gaian locally.. this product came to the rescue.. let me add tho that i simply wanted to repaint some moulding in my bathroom and am certainly not a painter/decorator.. (from Amazon.co.uk)
YoungBaz (essex, UK) –
Although this product is primarily marketed as an agent for providing a bonding key on non-porous surfaces such as tiles, ceramics and melamine, I have also used it very successfully to freshen up woodwork previously painted with traditional oil-based gloss paint.
Rather than having to go through the laborious (and costly) process of sugar-soaping, sanding and undercoating before applying the new gloss paint, ESP does it all in one in a fraction of the time. It also helps avoid the build-up of paint when recoating with undercoat/topcoat, which can obscure detail moulding.
I have, for example, used it very successfully to repaint a gloss-painted interior door. Just brush or wipe on the ESP (it’s very ‘thin’ so goes on just like water – hence goes on REALLY quickly, and a little goes a long way). wait five minutes or so for it to work (it cleans as well, so, as I said, no need to sugar soap if the paint is dirty/greasy), then just wipe off the excess with a rag. Leave the remaining film to dry/cure for about 2hrs and you can then re-gloss straight away. Magic! No need to fiddle with sandpaper and getting rid of dust; no need to wait until the next day for undercoat to dry.