Cosmofer is a 2 pack universal polyester filler that can be applied to multiple surfaces including but not limited to wood, metal, stone, concrete and plastic. It is quick drying (in just 10 minutes) and highly flexible and so will not shrink or crack and when fully cured.
Once fully cured, Cosmofer can be machine cut, screwed, drilled, sanded, sawn and tapped. It is easy to sand, will not clog the abrasive paper and is compatible with any single or two pack finish. Cosmofer is true cold welding which seals, insulates, glues, fixes and levels irregularities on multiple surfaces.
Ideal uses for Cosmofer universal polyester filler
- Dealing with rust holes and torn metal in automotive situations
- Repairing and waterproofing caravan body damage
- Restoring marine hulls and decks, whilst preventing corrosion
- Fixing hard plastic objects such as drainpipes
- Repairing agricultural equipment including tanks, troughs, barrels, tractors and agricultural machinery
Areas of Application
Cosmofer 2-pack universal polyester filler has many possible applications, including but not limited to those listed below:
- Automotive: Bodywork (Holes and Cracks), Dents, Radiator, Battery tray, Housing…
- Trailer: Body repairs, Waterproofing…
- Motorcycles: Fairing, Tank, Sump…
- Marine: Boats (Wooden, Metal, GRP) – Hull and Deck. Protects against corrosion.
- Building Industry: Sealing of cracks etc in Concrete, Brick, Stone… Leaks in tanks – Metal, Concrete, or GRP lining.
- DIY: Repairing rigid plastic objects, PVC, Polyester, ABS… Vases, Sinks, Models…
- Electrical: All insulation’s (12,000 volts per mm), Battery tray…
- Agriculture: Troughs, Tanks, Agricultural machinery…
- Central Heating: Pipes, Fixings, Radiators, Boiler, Thermal insulation…
- Plumbing: Supply and drainage pipes, Fixings, Sink, Hand basin, Bath…
- Roofing: Roof, Down-pipes, Guttering, Skylight…
- Metalwork: Fences, Doors, Metal shutters, Wrought iron…
- Foundry: Blowhole, Defective casts, Cracks, Molds…
Surfaces must first be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, grime, all loose material and other contamination. Remove all rust from around the area to be repaired back to bright clean metal. Remove all loose and old finishes from around the area to be repaired. Thoroughly abrade the surface using a file or coarse abrasive paper. Wipe the surface clean with Acetone, Ethyl Acetate, Methylated Spirits (De-natured Alcohol) or similar to remove any abrasion residue. DO NOT use White Spirit.
Applying Cosmofer 2-pack universal polyester filler
Add 2% of the hardener to quantity of filler for 10 minutes drying. As a guide 1 coffee bean size of hardener to 1 chestnut size of filler. In cold weather increase amount of hardener. In hot weather decrease amount of hardener. Ensure the hardener and filler are well mixed. Increasing or decreasing the amount of hardener does not affect the overall curing time.
Work the filler in to the crack, hole or dent and smooth off with a filling knife. For repairs deeper than 50 mm – build up in layers allowing it to dry between applications. For a smooth finish sand (100 grit paper) before applying your finish. Allow 24 hrs after application before machining (drilling, mechanically sanding, tapping etc).
Clean tools immediately after use with Acetone, Ethyl Acetate or similar. Dispose of any unused hardener/filler mixture in accordance with local regulations. Do not put it back in the container.
Things to Remember
- For narrow cracks rake out to enlarge
- Stir filler well before mixing with hardener
- Do not mix filler and hardener in the can
- Apply between 10°C and 25°C